At the end of this week:
- You can recognise the undifferentiated, critically unwell elderly patient;
- You can balance goals of care when invasive treatment is inappropriate, and determine priorities in care;
- You have reviewed the basic sciences of fluid resuscitation and oxygenation;
- You have a system to identify all abnormalities in an arterial blood gas and draw conclusions from the results;
- You have a clear understanding of ethical and legal considerations regarding limitations of care and end-of-life issues.